“People don’t buy things for logical reasons,” Zig Ziglar once famously said. “They buy for emotional reasons.”
Which means: In order to gain customers—and keep them for life—you’ve got to do more than introduce them to your brand, business, or product. You’ve got to make them fall in love with it.
Want to see how it’s done? Check out this infographic.
Here are the statistics from the infographic in bullet form:
- 73% of consumers love a brand because of friendly customer service.
- 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated.
- 55% of consumers would pay more for a better customer experience.
- 46% of people say a website’s design is the number one criterion discerning the credibility of a company. (Note: I’m available if you need a new website or a redesign. Contact me.)
- A stronger corporate brand image will boost your stock price by an average of 5-7%.
- More than 90% of buying decisions are influenced by visual factors.
- Color increases brand recognition by 80%.
Create Brilliant Content
- Interesting content is a top 3 reason people follow brands on social media.
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms.
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from brands they follow.
- 66% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on their website.
- 70% of consumers prefer getting to know a company via articles rather than ads.
Stir up Emotions
- 75% of buying experiences are based on emotion.
Under Promise & Over Deliver
- 3 out of 4 customers say they have spent more with a company because of a history of positive experiences.
- Customer loyalty can be worth 10 times as much as a single purchase.
Encourage Feedback & Listen
- For every 1 complaint there are 26 other unhappy customers who have remained silent.
- 89% of consumers have stopped doing business with a company after experiencing poor customer service.
- Adding testimonials to your website can increase sales by 250% or more.